This was me back in 1992 when, ignoring the burst of giggles from my two young daughters, I jumped into a field of sunflowers on the road from Perugia to Rome and declared myself seriously in love with Italy.
Since then, if you’ve been following me on Flavorsofrome.com (which I launched in 2007), this is what you might have read :
Carol Coviello-Malzone is a writer, speaker and dedicated Romaphile who divides her time between Florida and the Eternal City. In addition to studying, cooking, and over-eating in Italy for the past 15 (now 30-some) years, her experience includes:
* Author of several books on the food of Rome and Italy, including FLAVORS OF ROME: HOW, WHAT & WHERE TO EAT IN THE ETERNAL CITY and HOW TO EAT IN ITALY IF CHICKEN PARM IS YOUR FAVORITE ITALIAN DISH, numerous articles for The Tampa Tribune, Media General syndication, and multiple websites.
* Independent travel consultant to Rome and beyond
* Designer and host of cooking and sightseeing tours to Rome
* Travel writing instructor at University of South Florida
* PR, marketing, and jill-of-all-trades for Eatalian, an Italian-based company doing food and wine events in the NYC/Conn area.
*When not in Rome, Carol does presentations on Italian food, culture, and travel, often collaborating with local chefs for cooking classes.
Much has changed since those early years, both in Italy and with me. So a new website for a new time.
I’m not sure where it’s going.